People entering our country are categorized according the countries they are travelling from. The measures implemented by the TRNC Ministry of Health regarding the Covid-19 on the arrival to the TRNC and, the list of categorized countries are as follows:
- People coming to North Cyprus from a country listed in Category A travelling through Turkey will be subject to Category B rules.
- People coming to the TRNC from countries in Category B will be able to enter the country by showing the negative PCR test results they have done between three and five days prior the start of the trip. A second PCR test will be done to such individuals while entering to the TRNC and these individuals are to self-quarantine themselves either in the hotels where they made reservations or in a house where they will be staying following their arrival until the PCR test results are back. People who have PCR tests done within the last two days prior to their trip are allowed to enter the country. However, such individuals will be put in quarantine centers specified by the Ministry of Health for 3-days and, on day 3 another PCR test will be done. All the expenses regarding PCR tests and quarantine fees are travelers’ responsibility.
- People, who are to travel to Turkey and come back to TRNC for a period shorter than 5-days (including day-5), will be allowed to enter TRNC without having any other PCR tests on the condition of providing their previous negative PCR test results that they have done during the last 3-days prior to their travel to Turkey. However, between the fifth and seventh day of their arrival to TRNC the individuals will go to either Dr. Burhan Nalbantoğlu State Hospital or Famagusta State Hospital and give second PCR samples. People who are to leave TRNC will be done a PCR test before they travel. In an event of, people not being able to present a valid PCR test result while travelling back to TRNC from Turkey, a PCR test will be done on their arrival to the TRNC. However, such individuals will be put in quarantine centers specified by the Ministry of Health for 3-days and, on day 3 another PCR test will be done. All the expenses regarding PCR tests and quarantine fees are travelers’ responsibility.
- Individuals who are coming abroad to TRNC travelling through Turkey and who stayed 14 days in Turkey before coming to TRNC will be subject to the Category of the last country they visited. In an event of people staying less than 14 days in Turkey, they will be subject to the category of the country they originally started their journey.
- People travelling from Category C countries are obliged to submit a valid PCR test result (done within the last 3 to 5 days before they travel) while entering TRNC. A second PCR test will be done to Category C passengers and they will be put in a 14-day quarantine in the quarantine centers specified by the Ministry of Health. A third PCR test will be done following the end of the 14-day quarantine period.
- As of the 16th of July, people traveling to TRNC from England will be able to enter the country by providing the negative PCR test results done within the last 3 to 5 days before their journey. A second PCR test will be done and 7-day quarantine will be implemented. At the end of the quarantine period, a third PCR test will be done before they will leave the quarantine center. TRNC citizen students and TRNC citizens who reside in TRNC will be exempted from quarantine fees. People coming from England who are not categorized as TRNC citizen students or TRNC citizens who reside in TRNC are to cover the test and quarantine expenses.
List of Countries by Risk Categories
REVISED COUNTRY LIST DATED 08 JULY 2020
CATEGORY A COUNTRIES
Germany, Australia, Austria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, South Korea, Ireland, Switzerland, Iceland, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Hungary, Maldives, Malta, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, New Zealand, Greece
CATEGORY B COUNTRIES
Andorra, Argentina, Belgium, United Arab Emirates, Bosna Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Georgia, Croatia, Holland, Spain, Italy, Canada, Montenegro, Qatar, Kuwait, Luxemburg, Lebanon, Monaco, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Turkey, Uruguay, Jordan, Vatican, Mauritius, Macedonia
CATEGORY C COUNTRIES
United States of America, Brazil, India, England, İran, Israel, Sweden, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Mexico, Egypt, Pakistan, Russia, Turkmenistan, Bahrain, Azerbaijan, other countries.
Our students who will come to TRNC from abroad must comply with the conditions stipulated by the TRNC Ministry of Health.
It is also advised to inform the office of Vice-Rector for Student Affairs EMU prior to your arrival at TRNC by sending an e-mail to email@example.com .